Tuesday 9 December 2014

Student Voice Leadership Retreat - Student blog

My name is Ben Guiler, on October 15-17, I went on an amazing trip to the YMCA in Cedar Glen. I got to meet people from the other Peel Alternative sites that I may not have met otherwise, and now I can now say that some of the people I met are some of my closest friends.


I also learned a lot more about the people at my school. I met all these people by doing fun activities like balancing on a telephone pole or trying to lower a hula hoop with everyone only using two fingers. We even got the chance to build fires and houses out of sticks in groups.


With all these fun activities, we learned a lot about how to be a good leader and how to take part around the school. Thanks to all this, and the people I met, I’m now one of the students planning Prom, and hopefully more fun activities for the 3 Peel Alternative sites to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment